* freight costs are not included
a) Three CAV 2 type commercial vaccines (Maxivacx Hepta, Nobivac DHPPi and C2-DogVac DHL) which include a Manhattan strain resulted positive.
b) A specificity panel of 20 related microorganisms including related agents such as Canine Parvovirus, Canine Coronavirus, Canine Distemper virus and other bacteria and parasites resulted negative.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (CAN1 positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify CAV type 2 from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of CAV type 2 ≥1010 copies/reaction.
• Minimum quantification limit of CAV type 2 = 50 copies/reaction.