* freight costs are not included
a) Two CDV commercial vaccines strains (Lederle and Ondertepoort) and one field strain resulted positive.
b) A specificity panel of 20 related microorganisms including related agents such as Canine Parvovirus, Canine Coronavirus, Canine Adenovirus and other bacteria and parasites resulted negative.
c) 36 clinical cases with enteric or respiratory process compatible with Canine distemper were evaluated with this assay. Samples included blood (n=26), but also rectal swabs, ocular swabs and others. CDV were identified in 25% (9/36) of these samples, mainly in blood (67%).
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (CAN1 positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify CDV from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of CDV ≥1010 copies/reaction.
• Minimum quantification limit of CDV = 50 copies/reaction.