* freight costs are not included
a) Two CPiV commercial vaccines (Maxivacx Hepta and Nobivac DHPP) which include a Cornell strain resulted positive.
b) A specificity panel of 20 related microorganisms including related agents such as Canine Adenovirus type 2, Canine Coronavirus, Canine Distemper virus and other bacteria and parasites resulted negative.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (CAN1 positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify CPIV from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of CPIV ≥1010 copies/reaction.
• Minimum quantification limit of CPIV = 50 copies/reaction.