* freight costs are not included
a) Three PPV commercial vaccines strains: SAH, C-780916 and 154 resulted positive.
b) A specificity panel of 20 related microorganisms including related agents such as Canine Distemper virus, Canine Coronavirus, Canine Adenovirus and other bacteria and parasites resulted negative.
c) 34 clinical cases of different serverity of gastroenteritis including feces (n=29) and gut (n=5). Analyzing this collection the 14.7 % (5/31) of the cases resulted positive ranging Cq values from 6.98 to 34,09. The detection of CPV-2 from feces resulted positive in two cases.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (PARV positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify CPV-2 from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of CPV-2 ≥1010 copies/reaction.
• Minimum quantification limit of CPV-2 = 50 copies/reaction.