* freight costs are not included
a) Nine reference strains of different species of Brucella resulted positive: B. melitensis biovar 1 (16M, ATCC 23456) and biovar 2 (Ether, ATCC 23458), B. abortus biovar 1 (544, ATCC 23448) and biovar 2 (Tulya, ATCC 23450), B. suis biovar 1 (1330, ATCC 23444), biovar 2 (Thomsen, ATCC 23445), biovar 3 (686, ATCC 23446), B. canis (jun-66, ATCC 23365) and B. ovis (Bow, ATCC 25840). Another three isolations resulted also positive B. abortus (B19), B. melitensis, B. ovis (PA).
b) A collection of 32 clinical cases coming from swine (n=27) and cattle (n=5) with abortion or reproductive disorder was analyzed. 10 samples conformed of different kind of specimens: placenta, liver, testicles, blood, uterus content, etc... resulted positive.
c) A panel of specificity with 47 most prevalent and related pathogens in livestock resulted negative.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (BRUC positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify Brucella from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of Brucella ≥1010 copies/rxn.
• Minimum quantification limit of Brucella = 50 copies/rxn.