* freight costs are not included
a) One reference strain of (ATCC 3329) and 7 field isolation of C. jejuni resulted positive.
b) A collection of different species of Campylobacter was used to test the specificity resulting all of them negative: C. fetus subsp. fetus (ATCC 27374), C. sputorum, C. coli (ATCC 43478), C. concisus (ATCC35221), C. lari (ATCC 35221), C. upsaliensis (ATCC 43954). Besides other 17 strains of related bacteria resulted negative as well
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (BRA2 positive control).
• This qPCR kit can detect C. fetus jejuni from clinical samples and field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of C. jejuni ≥1010 copies/rxn.
• Minimum quantification limit of C. jejuni= 50 copies /rxn.