* freight costs are not included
a) 23 strains for Giardia intestinalis from canine samples and genotypes AII,BIII, BIV, C and D resulted positive.
b) 36 human samples reported as positive by University of Zaragoza resulted positive using EXOone qPCR Giardia intestinalis kit.
c) 287 clinical samples of digestive disorders from cattle (n=247), sheep (n=27), dogs (n=11) and cats (n=2) were analyzed. Within these samples 121 (42%) were feces, 70 (24%) were digestive swabs and 96 (34%) were intestine. In total, 69 samples resulted positive: cattle (60/247), sheep (3/27), dogs (5/11) and cats (1/2).
d) A panel of specificity consisting of 30 related microorganisms including pathogenic bacteria, virus, parasites and biological contaminants of the environment resulted negative.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (DIG1 positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify GINT from clinical samples and field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of DIG1 ≥1010 copies/reaction.
• Minimum quantification limit of DIG1 = 50 copies/reaction.