* freight costs are not included
a) One vaccinal strain (92932) and 19 field isolations (rabbit, n=3 and swine n=16) resulted positive.
b) A panel of specificity with 19 most prevalent and related pathogens in swine and pets resulted negative.
e) A total of 98 cases coming from swine, rabbit and sheep (35 positives, 63 negatives) were evaluated with this qPCR kit and microbiological isolation. As expected, qPCR obtained 10 positive samples more than culture. Cq values ranged from 24.82 to 36.27.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (PRS3 Positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify Bordetella bronchiseptica from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of B. bronchiseptica ≥ 109 copies/reaction.
• Minimum quantification limit of B. bronchiseptica = 50 copies/reaction.