* freight costs are not included
a) An specificity panel of 25 microorganisms which includes virus, bacteria, funghi and parasites resulted negative.
b) 56 clinical samples, such as organs (spleen, liver, mesenteric nodes, lungs, kidneys), feces and blood, were analyzed. 35 of them resulted positive.
c) 12 enviromental samples from different farms such as footwear, silo, warehouse, gloves and dungs resulted positive.
d) The results of this kit were evaluated against those of other commercial qPCR kit in all samples, yielding a very good correspondence (Kappa 1.00) between the two assays.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (PARV positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify AMDV from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of AMDV ≥ 1010 copies/reaction.
• Minimum quantification limit of AMDV = 50 copies/reaction.