* freight costs are not included
a) Six commercial vaccines strains which contain FHV-1 strains: Leucofeligen RCP, Purevax and Feligen (strain F2), Fevaxyn (strain 605), Versifel (strain VRFM) and Novivac Tricat (strain G2620A) resulted positive.
b) A specificity panel of 25 related microorganisms including related agents such as Feline Leukemia virus, Feline Inmunodeficiency virus and Feline Calicivirus and other bacteria and parasites resulted negative.
c) 41 clinical samples from animals with respiratory or conjunctivitis signs were evaluated with this kit. The sample panel included swabs (24) and blood (17). 2 of them resulted positive.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (FEL2 positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify FHV-1 from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of FHV-1 ≥1010 copies/reaction.
• Minimum quantification limit of FHV-1 = 50 copies/reaction.