* freight costs are not included
a) One field strain and six commercial vaccines strains which contain FCV strains: Versifel CVR, Leucofeligen RCP, Feligen and Novivac tricat (F9), Purevax (431 and G1) and Fevaxyn (255) resulted positive
b) A specificity panel of 25 related microorganisms including related agents such as Feline Leukemia virus, Feline Inmunodeficiency virus and Feline herpesvirus and other bacteria and parasites resulted negative.
c) 55 clinical samples from animals with respiratory or conjunctivitis signs were evaluated with this kit. The sample panel included swabs (32) and blood (23). 14 of them (25%) resulted positive.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (FEL1 positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify FCV from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum quantification limit of FCV ≥1010 copies/reaction.
• Minimum quantification limit of FCV = 50 copies/reaction.