* freight costs are not included
a) 126 clinical samples from dogs (mainly blood) with sympthoms compatible with
leishmaniasis were analyzed with this kit. 9 of them (6,8%) resulted positive.A collection of 28 samples were tested with another commercial kit resulting a very good correspondance (Kappa=1)
b) An specificity panel of 25 related pathogens which includes bacteria, virus and parasites resulted negative.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (CAN2 positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify Leishmania spp. from clinical samples and vaccine/field strains.
• Maximum detection limit of Leishmania spp. ≥1010 copies/rxn.
• Minimum detection limit of Leishmania spp. = 50 copies/rxn.