* freight costs are not included
a) 48 blood samples from dogs and cats with clinical compatible haemoparasite disease were evaluated with this kit. 11 of them resulted positive with this assay and later confirmed as Babesia microti-like (7) and Babesia canis (4) by qPCR.
b) A specificity panel including other relevant haemoparasites in pets as Leishmania, Borrelia burgdorferi, Ehrhlichia spp and other 20 related pathogens or biological contaminant of the enviroment were evaluated with this assay. All of these pathogens resulted negative.
• We studied the reportable range for this qPCR assay using a purified specific synthetic oligonucleotide (VEC1 positive control).
• This qPCR kit can identify Babesia spp from clinical samples including individually or pooled blood samples (up to five) and tissues such as liver and spleen.
• Maximum quantification limit of Babesia spp. ≥1010 copies/rxn.
• Minimum quantification limit of Babesia spp. = 50 copies/rxn.